Monday, December 31, 2007

A year in review

Since we are new to the blogging scene, I thought it would be nice to review our year as a family through pictures.


January 2007 - The Creek: The creek, which provides such a beautiful setting most of the time, frozen solid for the winter. But once it thaws and begins to crack....well, see the April entry.



March 2007 - Teen years here we come: My son turned 12 this year. In less than 3 months he will be 13.....ughhhhh!
No, but really, he is a great kid and will probably be a prolific writer very soon! Check out his blog - dachampster's corner - to read his latest work.


April 2007 - The Creek part 2: at least once a year the creek (which is actually a tidal river) floods our yard and sometimes our house. This year was no exception.



May 2007 - Graduation: I received my doctorate degree from the University of Pennsylvania in May. My in-laws got me that really cool cake!






June 2007 - Lehigh University: I took a leap of faith and left k-12 education for the Ivy towers of the university. So far I love it. I taught my first class in Children's Literature (even though my doctorate is in math education!) with only 8 students. The College of Education is housed in the old Bethlehem Steel headquarters, complete with dreary steel gray walls on top of a mountain. I decided to add some color to the place in my office.




July 2007 - We went to Punta Cana this year. What a beautiful place!





August 2007 - Outer Banks, NC: we love to spend time in Outer Banks, we try to get there every year. This year we spent a week there hang gliding, crabbing, and just relaxing before starting a new school year.








October 2007 - Cari's Crusaders: When my closest friend, Cari, was diagnosed with breast cancer in August, I didn't know what I could do to help her. I decided to get together a team of her friends and family and run a breast cancer race in her honor. I was a beautiful day for a great cause! Cari, next year you will do this with us!!







November 2007 - My mom, grandmom, aunt and cousin at a family event. I love hanging out with my family.



December 2007 - Christmas Morning

2 comments:

Undomestic said...

Glad you finally got your stuff posted. I loved seeing your photos from the year!

I'll be at the race next year...barring any surgical complications...I will be there! I even ran a little today.

Do you have a stocking hung for your dog?

lwteach said...

yes of course we have one for Fullback!