Wednesday, December 19, 2007

About us

Okay. This post is to catch everyone up on what is happening in our family:

Randy Sr. - Working hard as usual. He is still a paramedic and a flight paramedic. His latest hobby/parttime job is buying and renting houses in the city to help those who can't find decent affordable housing. Any deals out there, send them our way! Youth basketball season is upon us and Big Randy is coaching Champ's (that's Randy Jr for those who don't know) team again. We are praying for a better outcome than last year, as their team lost the championship in overtime with a stolen pass! Ughhh! Keep their team in mind in March!!!


Randy Jr. - Working hard in school as usual, too! He is now in seventh grade (oh my goodness!) at Calvary Christian Academy. He was on the high honor roll last marking period, and we are praying for the same next time. He plays trumpet in the jazz and concert band, and they sound pretty good too! The school has been perfect for him - small size, pre-k to 12th grade, all sports and extra curriuluar activities abound. He continues to love to write - be on the look out in this blog for his stories!


Lanette - This has been a year of change for me. I left my position as math coach in Cherry Hill and took a position as professor at Lehigh University. My job there is to teach classes in teaching and learning, supervise student interns, and many more things than I imagined! It has been exciting; working with brand new, out of the box teachers. I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the freedom I have, making my own work schedule, trying to come up with things to research and new classes to create. But I love it!! I am still working with some teachers in Cherry Hill on a math project and will be presenting our work in Las Vegas March 4 - 6. Anyone can come and join us!! Oh, and I am a sort-of wedding planner for my cousin Gayle, who is getting married in Jamaica next year. I don't think I am good at this planning thing, but I am going to give it my best shot. She has a wedding website, which I will post at a later date. I am on break right now until Jan 10th, so I am trying to catch up on my reading and things. This is defnitely a good time for sending me emails!

Nana DeCohen and Fullback - Nana is doing great. She went on a cruise to Alaska this summer and loved every minute of the trip. She is talking about finally retiring this coming summer and wants to keep traveling. We already will be going to Jamaica next summer, and who knows where else Nana will turn up!

Fullback is still Fullback, eating, sleeping, and sloppering all over my hardwood floors.



Fullback wishes everyone a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

I showed Cameron Champs basketball card. His response..."I didn't know little Randy played basketball." "Yeah, his dad is his coach." "I wish I was on a real team!"

They don't actually join a team with real games until 3rd grade...which is a good thing if you've ever seen them try to scrimmage!!!!! They (and Cam especially)have no concept of "team". I wish Randy could be his coach!