Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Concert and Celebration

On Friday night, our church had its Christmas concert and celebration. It is just singing and dance and playing instruments to praise the Lord! This is the first year we have done it on a Friday night; we usually have it on a Sunday which makes services run to almost 4pm, with dinner and everything. I am the director/choreographer of our dance ministry and we practice diligently every Thursday night. Even though our main goal is to prepare dances that will allow others to see the glory of God through us, there is an added bonus: the camaraderie of my fellow dancers. We support each other, pray for each other, laugh with and at times at each other (especially when trying to learn a new dance!) We have 10 member ranging in age from 7 to 54. I am so blessed to have been called to be a part of this group - and we looked fabulous Friday Night!

Dancing to "The Night When Christ was Born" by Kirk Franklin



Worshipping with flags to "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" by the Broadway Inspirational Voices



A trio - me, Ayanna who is 14, and Adella who is 7, praising God through "Purpose" by Spensha Baker

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me that you started a blog! Just got your card today...thanks! And let your mom know that I received hers as well.

Loved seeing the pics of your dance team. You know you can do video, and somehow post it on your blog. I think you have to post it to UTube first. My friends do it, but I've never tried. I'd love to see you dance!!!!!

Keep updating! MISS YOU!!!!!! )(Maybe I'll plan a trip out there between chemo and radiation...sometime in Feb or March)!