Friday, January 25, 2008

A New Wave Monster Movie


I don't post much, partly because I don't take many pictures during the week (even with my iphone with me all the time). But I get around to it on the weekends.

Last weekend we went to see the movie, "Cloverfield". If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil its great moments. But it is an innovative movie that actually allows you to be a part of the action. The movie is shot from a handheld video camera and you get to see what regular people might do if a monster was attacking their city/town. For the most part, I would have reacted just the way the actor in the movie did - running, screaming, totally nuts! If the Godzilla movies had been told from the eyewitness point of view, they might have been completely terrifying and still on the video market.

Having been a life long fan of the Japanese Godzilla movies, I hate to say it but move over Godzilla, there's a new monster in town!

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Ah, looks like we have another convert. Welcome to our world, fellow "Cloverhead"!

And everyone thought I was nuts-okay, I am in a way, but the Word does say we are a "peculiar people"! ;-)

Gotta go see it again, to pay attention to some other details-like the Dharma pearl logo in the lower right corner of the beginning of the movie, and the Oceanic Airlines poster somewhere else. Just a nod from JJ Abrams to the "Lost" fans out there!

Cloverfield - you can't see it just once!