Saturday, March 15, 2008

What a week!

Wow! A lot has happened since I last had a chance to post. I am going to do a summary of the last two weeks through pictures.

Lakers - they lost ----- badly! I had hoped they would call me in Vegas and say they had pulled an upset but they got blown out like 40 - 17 or something.


Vegas - I can see how you can have a great time in Vegas (and spend a whole lot of money!). However, I was not as overwhelmed by the place as I thought I might be. It reminded me of a big Niagara Falls - full of fun and glitz. I would not bring my son there - even with all the rides - just the fact that people are handing out those nude girls cards every 5 feet is enough to stop me. I do want to go back though - for an adult fun-filled trip!

We stayed at Circus Circus - very inexpensive and nice rooms (in the Tower section).




Interesting grass - When I first saw it I was amazed at how perfect it was. But as I looked closer, that's when I realized it was astro turf!


The Strip from the top of the Stratosphere.


Dancing Fountain at the Bellagio. We went in to say we were there - unbelievable in there and drinks were $11!



Our presentation went well - though we didn't talk about our research as much as we talked about what a smartboard was and can do!




Blackout - Saturday we had terrible storms come through our area. The temperature dropped from 65 to 25 in a matter of hours. The wind was fierce and knocked down trees everywhere. A tree knocked out our power for almost two days - Saturday evening till Monday morning. But it also allowed us to play games in front of the fireplace and all sit in the same room without distractions! A nice family bonding time.



Zumba - My sister has taken up a new hobby. She is learning to be a Zumba instructor. Zumba is latin dance exercise. It is pretty fun and you do use a lot of muscles. We have been her dancing guinea pigs!

1 comment:

Jaye said...

"Hobby"?! Honey, I did this to replace my p/t job at Bed, Bath & Beyond (and it's doing just that, with less hours and more $$$!!!). Going for my AFAA (wwww.afaa.com) certification, so I can possibly teach other fitness classes! More than just a hobby, my dear! It's helping to pay the bills!