Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Racing....well, running again

Though I will not be running another marathon till my running partner is able to run with me, I have been running and recently ran two races. One was the Broad Street run in Philly - a great 10 mile race that goes downhill almost the entire length. I didn't run as well as I did last year, about 6 minutes slower. Also, my husband, who isn't really a long distance runner, beat me by 2 minutes!!!!! And, with this race,you have to take the subway to get to the start (it is a point to point course). Of course, we get on a local train that takes almost an hour to get to the start. We didn't get to the starting line until 15 minutes after the race began! Still it was a great run and I will do it again next year (and will not let my husband beat me either!!!).





This past weekend, we ran the Hero Scholarship run for the Philly Fire and Police Departments. It is to provide college scholarships to children's whose parent was killed in the line of duty. We have run this race a number of times before. I redeemed myself with this race, as I won my age division!!!







Okay, so there were only about 20 women and 10 of them walked and 6 of them were under 40.........

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

You're awesome! Glad you're getting out there!